Thursday 19th April, 2018
13
7 ℃ | 18 ℃Dublin
irish-ferries-plans-to-build-a-165-mn-euros-cruise-ferry

Irish Ferries plans to build a 165 mn euros cruise ferry

Sheetal Sukhija - Wednesday 3rd January, 2018

DUBLIN, Ireland - Maritime transport group Irish Continental has announced plans to build the world’s largest cruise ferry.

The company which operates Irish Ferries has said that as part of its plans, it will invest 165.2 million euros to build the new ferry for its Dublin-Holyhead route, and is expected to replace the schedule of the MV Ulysses.

According to reports, the group has entered into an agreement with the German company Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft.

The Irish Continental Group has said that upon completion, it will be the largest cruise ferry in the world in terms of vehicle capacity.

The world’s largest cruise ferry will accommodate 1,800 passengers and crew, with a capacity for 5,610 freight lane metres - which provides the capability to carry 330 freight units per sailing.

Further, the company revealed that it will effectively be a 50 percent increase in peak freight capacity compared to the MV Ulysses.

It said that the largest cruise ferry will be delivered before the middle of 2020.

In its statement, the company said about 20 percent of the contract price will be paid in installments during the construction period, while the remaining 80 percent will be paid on delivery.

More Dublin News

Access More
Loading data...
{{item.TITLE}}

{{item.SOURCE}}

Dublin News.Net

{{item.TITLE}}

{{item.SOURCE}}

Dublin News.Net

Sign up for Dublin News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!