The Department of Health has today published "Statistics on Community Care for Adults in Northern Ireland 2021 - 2022".
This publication presents analyses on a range of community activity gathered from HSC Trusts, and includes topics such as domiciliary care, re-ablement, meals on wheels, audiology service, day care, and accommodation services.
Key Facts and Figures:
- At 30 June 2022, 11,573 residential and nursing home care packages were in effect.
- Of the 11,573 care packages in effect, over two thirds (69%) were nursing home care packages and under one third (31%) were residential care packages.
- 383 persons, on average, were starting re-ablement service each month across Northern Ireland in 2021/22.
- At 31 March 2022, 1,146 persons were in receipt of meals on wheels services.
- At 31 March 2022, 5,210 persons were registered at statutory day care facilities.